Nixon might not be a household name, but this US-based company has built a reputation of a manufacturer that makes very sturdy products. The company has been around for more than two decades, during which it’s focused its business on action sports enthusiasts. Therefore, some of their products include audio equipment, surfing accessories, and wristwatches.
Speaking of which, wristwatches made by Nixon have been getting a lot of attention lately. The reason is that the manufacturer has switched focus from analog watches to smartwatches. And this business move has proved to be very wise.
Of course, Nixon wouldn’t be getting the attention unless their smartwatches were really good. And they are – all of the timepieces from their collection are superb in terms of built, performances, features, and of course, design.
Still, there’s one model that seems to be everyone’s favorite. Meet Nixon Mission, a high-end Android Wear smartwatch with design inspired by rugged runner’s watches.
Nixon Mission Brief Review
Here’s everything you need to know about Nixon Mission in order to fall in love with this timepiece. Nixon designers wanted to create an ultimate wristwatch for surfers and ski enthusiast, but they’ve done their job so well that Nixon Mission now seems like a perfect choice for literally anyone.
Because they had active people in mind, Nixon decided to go with a rugged design, making the wristwatch large and tough. The thing about this smartwatch is that it doesn’t just look big and powerful, it really is. Its built is top-quality, so you would need to be extremely clumsy in order to make even a small damage. Furthermore, Nixon Mission is also fantastic in terms of water resistance.
Sure, you may argue that sturdiness isn’t the main thing people are interested when shopping for smartwatches. If you needed an unbreakable watch, you wouldn’t mind looking at the offer of analog wristwatches as well. But, what makes this piece stand out is that it’s a smartwatch with fantastic specs, which make it work flawlessly. And, of course, it’s packed with useful features. Let’s take a look at some of them!
Nixon Mission Features
Nixon Mission was designed with extreme sports lovers in mind. Therefore, it comes with some features that active people will find very useful. We’re talking about things like live mountain & ocean conditions monitoring. There’s also an activity monitor for those who want to keep track of their workout performances.
Of course, all of this doesn’t mean Nixon Mission has no features that can help you with your regular daily activities. On the contrary, it’s packed with them! There are things like GPS system based on Google Maps, weather forecast, all sorts of planners and reminders, and so on.
If you would like to learn more about the things that make this smartwatch so awesome, let’s take a closer look at some of its most important features!
- Smartphone-compatible – Whether you’re using Apple iPhone or Android-based smartphone, you will have no problems establishing connection with Nixon Mission via Bluetooth. And once you do it, you will be able to control your smartphone by using the wristwatch. You will be able to read your texts and emails, check your social media accounts, and even remotely control your smartphone camera. And when you get an incoming call on your smartphone, Nixon Mission will start vibrating in order to notify you.
- Action sports features – Because the smartwatch’s focused on action sports enthusiasts, it comes with some features they’ll find very useful, including GPS, e-compass, barometer, altimeter, thermometer, and so on.
- 39-inch touchscreen – Another thing that makes Nixon Mission stand out from the crowd is its massive touchscreen display. And being big means that it’s easy to use. On top of that, the display features the so-called wet finger technology, meaning that you will have no problems using it while swimming (or taking a bath).
Rugged Built for Extreme Performances
It’s impossible to make a Nixon Mission review without mentioning its built. One thing we can tell you for certain is that you would have to search real hard in order to find a smartwatch that comes even near Nixon Mission in terms of sturdiness and durability. It’s all thanks to the following things:
- Polycarbonate case – The case is made of shock-resistant material, which basically means that even if you punch it hard, it won’t break.
- Roll-cage bezel – Nixon Mission’s bezel is made of surgical-grade steel, which adds to its ruggedness.
- Unbreakable glass – It’s made of corning gorilla glass crystal which is almost completely indestructible. You would need to use a hammer drill to break it.
- Water resistance – You can take Nixon Mission with you on a diving adventure, as this smartwatch has a water resistance rating of 10 ATM. In laymen’s terms, this means that you can take it up to 330 feet (100 meters) underwater.
- Lithium-ion battery – The battery is included in the package and has enough energy to make the smartwatch work for up to two days in one go.
- Warranty – The chances that this smartwatch will stop working well are very slim. But, even if something goes wrong, Nixon will fix it, under the condition that the problem has occurred during the first two years since the purchase.
Cool Design Makes Nixon Mission a Fashion Statement
If all the talk about Nixon Mission’s specs and features hasn’t made you wanna buy it, there’s one more thing you need to learn about. This smartwatch can be your own fashion statement! What we’re saying is that it’s fully customizable. You can choose your own design of the case, bezel, and the band, creating a truly unique combo.
Actually, there is a total of 44,000 unique combinations, which means that you got nothing to worry that someone will wear exactly the same watch as you. And on top of everything, you can even pick your own case back inscription.
Pros & Cons of Buying Nixon Mission
- Made by a US-based company that’s planning to take over the world of smartwatches.
- Extremely sturdy, ideal for extreme sports lovers.
- Packed with useful features
- Eye-catching design
- With the price of nearly 400 bucks, it’s not the cheapest smartwatch you can find.
Nixon Mission Review – Final Word
So, should you buy Nixon Mission or not? Our answer is YES! Everything about this smartwatch seems awesome, from its design to its fantastic performances. And the fact that it’s not a budget smartwatch only adds to its exclusivity. Speaking of price, it’s not that high to be honest, especially if you compare it with similar action sports smartwatches, like Casio Pro Trek or Garmin fēnix 5 Plus.