Although this smartwatch had its premiere a few years ago, it’s still a very popular choice. The reason is simple – AOSmart U8 is one of the cheapest smartwatches on the market. But, being cheap doesn’t mean it’s bad. On the contrary, it comes with some surprisingly awesome features. And on top of everything, it looks really nice. You can think of U8 as a fashion wristwatch with some really advanced features.
Whether this smartwatch is your perfect choice remains the question. We hope that you’ll be able to make the right decision after reading our U8 review. So, let’s start by introducing you to AOSmart, the company that manufactures this smartwatch.
AOSmart – How Trustworthy this Brand Actually Is?
The chances are that you’ve never heard of this brand. It’s because they’ve been around for only a couple of years. Actually, the company was established in 2014 in a town in South California. The company is based in the United States, but all of their products are made and assembled in China. Of course, this doesn’t necessarily mean that they’re poor-quality. AOSmart claims they outsourced the work to only the most reliable Chinese companies.
And it seems they’re telling the truth, judging by the user testimonies. Those who have bought AOSmart U8 seem to be thrilled with this smartwatch. Of course, you can’t have too high expectations of a timepiece that costs less than 30 bucks, but nevertheless, this smartwatch keeps on making a good impression.
Fashionable Design – U8’s Main Selling Point
Just by looking at U8, you would think that this is a premium smartwatch that costs several hundred dollars. Its case and rubber strap are very shiny and its touchscreen is quite large. There are only three discrete buttons below the display, which do not have any effect on how you perceive this smartwatch. There’s a micro USB port on the right side, which also doesn’t stand out.
The fact that U8 is a pretty elegant wristwatch means that it will not stick out from your fashion style, at least not in a bad way. Speaking of fashion, this smartwatch can really help you express yourself, as it comes in several color versions. You can pick the one that suits your style the best. Right now, the available colors are white, sky blue, red, blue, pink, and green.
U8 Smartwatch Features
You surely don’t want to buy a smartwatch just because it looks nice. A good smartwatch needs to come with useful features that will come handy in your everyday life and this U8 smartwatch does have many useful features. Here are some of them!
- Bluetooth connectivity – You can use Bluetooth 3.0 to connect your U8 smartwatch to your smartphone. This timepiece is compatible both with iOS and Android devices. And once you connect the two, you will be able to answer calls and read texts on the smartwatch, as well as check your emails, social media profiles, and so on.
- Health-monitoring features – U8 is packed with features that you can use to keep track of your health. Some of those include heart-rate monitor, sleep monitor, water reminder, and so on. There are also some features designed with fitness enthusiasts in mind, like the step counter for example.
- Touchscreen display – The display is very responsive and considering how large it is (1.48 inches), it’s also very easy to use. The problem is that its resolution isn’t too high (128 x 128), so the image quality isn’t very impressive. The displayed text and icons are far from being sharp.
- Li-Ion battery – The smartwatch uses a rechargeable 230 mAh battery, which has enough energy to keep U8 going for one entire day on one charge.
- 64MB storage – The internal storage of this smartwatch is 64MB which is enough just for running the system, not for storing any files. What this basically means is that in order to play music, you will need to connect it to your smartphone.
Reasons Why and Reasons Why Not to Buy AOSmart U8
To help you decide whether you should by AOSmart U8 or not, we’ve decided to separate its pros and cons in two lists. So, here they are!
- Very affordable price
- Monochrome design that goes well with almost any outfit
- Different colors to choose from
- Compatible both with Android and iOS devices
- Decent battery capacity
- A bunch of health & fitness features
- Very bad display resolution
- Literally no storage capacity for music and additional apps
Smartwatches that Compare to AOSmart U8
If you’re looking for a budget smartwatch, AOSmart U8 might be your very best choice. Of course, there are some products that you might also be interested, all of which offer nice design and a reasonable number of features at a very decent price. Here are some of them:
- AOSmart B1 – Affordable smartwatch with a built-in camera
- AOSmart G88 – Elegant smart watch with integrated cam
- GOKOO S7 – Fitness smartwatch with blood pressure monitor
- Homego Bluetooth Wrist Smart – Probably the cheapest smartwatch on the market
- Aosmart Q18 – Advanced version of U8 with integrated camera
AOSmart U8 – To Buy or Not to Buy?
The fact that this watch can be found for the price of less than 20 bucks means that you shouldn’t think too much whether to buy it or not. You won’t be able to find too many smartwatches that cost less than U8.
And considering its extremely low price, this smartwatch is pretty good in terms of features. Some of them are guaranteed to come in handy to fitness enthusiasts, while there are some that you can find useful in your everyday life.
Of course, U8 just can’t compare to some more recent models. If you add 30-40 bucks, you can find smartwatches that beat U8 in almost every aspect. But, what they don’t necessarily have is as impressive design as U8. This smartwatch really does look awesome and the fact that you can pick your own color really adds to your individuality. If you like how it looks, nothing’s stopping you from buying the U8.